Citizens Concerned for the Homeless recognizes its clients’ need for education. Often lacking a high school diploma and other basic life skills, many have little chance of working their way out of poverty and into sustainable self-sufficiency.
Grace Learning Center is the epicenter for education opportunities, life skills and self-help meetings in Michigan City and LaPorte County. We offer approximately 20 classes, workshops and support groups (including 12-step) on a monthly basis, allowing individuals to recognize and address the barriers that create the vicious cycle of recurring life challenges, criminal thinking, substance abuse, and homelessness.
With collaboration from community partners, we offer these learning opportunities with facilitators from Goodwill Workforce Solutions, Purdue Extension, A.K. Smith Career Center, Keys to Hope, Healthy Communities and HealthLinc.
As a WorkOne access point and SCSEP partner in Michigan City, we offer on-site job opportunities for individuals seeking to re-enter the workforce through second chance training programs.
All programs are free and open to the public. Children are welcome, but anyone under 18 must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
Anyone interested in volunteering or facilitating a class at GLC may contact Grace Learning Center for more information by calling (219) 879-6788 or via email at: email@example.com.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am – 5pm.
Mental Health Support
Nutrition-Plant Based Cooking
- Hummus and Chocolate Hummus | Recipe (PDF)
- Enchilada Casserole and Vegan Cheese Sauce | Recipe (PDF)
- Gnocchi Soup | Recipe (PDF)
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings and Brownies | Recipe (PDF)
- Cowboy Caviar and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce | Recipe (PDF)
- Spring Rolls and Peanut Sauce | Recipe (PDF)
- Black Bean Burritos & Healthy Snicker Doodles | Recipe (PDF)
- Whole Food Mac & Cheese & Green Smoothies | Recipe (PDF)
- Non-Chicken Salad & Frosted Lemon Loaf | Recipe (PDF)
- Green Salad and Choice of Three Dressings | Recipe (PDF)
- Turmeric Cauliflower Buddha Bowls & Dole Whip Dessert | Recipe (PDF)
Meditation for Stress/Anxiety – Pillars of Wellness, Hobart, Indiana
Remote Mental Health Classes via Zoom
- Healthy Relationships – Join via Zoom – Every Wednesday from 10:00am-11:00am
- Coping for Chronic Illness – Join via Zoom – Every Tuesday from 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Coping for Trauma/PTSD – Join via Zoom – Every Tuesday from 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Grief Group – Join via Zoom – Every Wednesday from 11:00am-12:00pm